Home Health Aides
Our Home Health Aides work one-on-one in the homes of the elderly and disabled in Monongalia County. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with bathing, grooming, toileting, walking, cooking, and cleaning
- Alzheimer's Respite Care
Training classes as required by the State of WV are held at Senior Monongalians every month. To be considered for our next training class, please fill out an application below or in person, and arrange for an interview. Call (304) 296-2503 or stop by our location at the Mountaineer Mall on Greenbag Road if you have any questions.
Applicants must have:
- GED or High School diploma
- Valid Driver's License
- Reliable vehicle with current registration and insurance
- Working cell phone
- Bank account for direct deposit
- Be able to pass a finger print background check
- Be drug free both on and off duty
- Current CPR/First Aid Card (arrangements can be made to obtain if hired)
- Basic computer skills are helpful, but not required. All client services are documented on a tablet and uploaded by the aides to the office via wifi connection twice daily.
You tell us when you want to work. Clients receive care generally Monday through Friday during daytime hours. No mandated stayovers. No weekends. No holidays. We can offer as little as 4 hours per week and up to 39 hours per week. We also offer paid client to client travel time.
How to Apply
Applications are available in person at the senior center, or can be downloaded below by clicking on the following link. (fill in the information using your computer, however, you must then "save" the application to your computer and email as an attachment to email@example.com for review). Always call to verify it was received, and to set up an interview time.